Volunteer Opportunities FAQ
1. Do you have any requirements for volunteering?
You must be at least 16 years of age. We require a 2 month volunteer commitment, minimum of 4 hours per week
2. Can I volunteer to fulfill community service hours?
You can fulfill school related community service hours only. We do not accept any court related community services
3. Do I need any prior experience to volunteer?
No, however, in a clinical capacity you will need to provide your California state license or certificate.
4. Will you provide proof that I have completed volunteer work?
Yes, as a volunteer you will complete weekly time sheets. We will provide a letter of completion at the end of your volunteer commitment.
5. Who should I contact if I want to volunteer?
Contact Ruth Manzano, Director of Volunteer and Internship Services.
6. What is the process to volunteer at Neighborhood Healthcare?
- What you are interested in doing
- What days you are available
- How many hours per day/week you are available
- Is this a school related requirement?
Please Note: This process may take up to four weeks.